Bambuser helpWe try to cover the most frequently asked topics here.
If you don't find your answer here, you are welcome to ask us directly.
Show help topic by keyword
- How do I broadcast from my phone?
See our getting started guide.
- How do I share broadcasts to friends only?
Bambuser users who follow each other can share private broadcasts via the share menu. By connecting Bambuser to Facebook you can share to your friends even if they don't yet have a Bambuser account.
- How much does this cost?
Our base service is free to consumers and non profit organisations.
- Can I do Private broadcasts?
Yes you can. Learn more about it here.
- How can I automatically update Twitter or Facebook when I broadcast
Log in and browse to your dashboard. Click on "Connect" in the right hand column and you will find a number of social networks to share your broadcasts to.
- How do I broadcast from my webcam
You can use our Flash-based broadcaster together with your webcam or other high quality cameras.
- Remove a broadcast?
You can remove your videos in your dashboard or on the specific video page.
- Can I allow unrestricted chat on my channel?
All Bambuser chat rooms require login by default. Should you, prefer to have an unrestricted chat, you can change this on the dashboard
- Can I change my password?
Yes, this can be done on the dashboard.
- Can I watch Bambuser broadcasts on my phone?
Yes, you most likely can. We support viewing of live and on demand broadcasts on many devices.
- Compatible standalone broadcast applications
Here are some tips on great desktop applications which you can use to broadcast to Bambuser using webcams or DV cameras.
- Compatible standalone video production applications (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Here are some tips on great video production applications for your Bambuser broadcasts.
- How can I make a recording without an internet connection?
On select platforms, currently Android, iOS, Maemo and MeeGo, it is possible to save a recording to the phone and upload it to Bambuser at a later time when internet connectivity is available.
- How do I download my broadcasts
Log in and find download links for each video on the dashboard under the tab "Your broadcasts", or by clicking the Download broadcast link on each video page.
- How do I embed my broadcasts on other sites?
Find the correct embed code from either someone's profile page or a specific broadcast page. Paste it into a website or blogging tool that allows HTML to be entered.
- How do I geotag my videos?
Geotagging is available on all modern smartphone platforms and can be enabled on the Settings screen.
- How do I install Bambuser on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch?
Click here to open iTunes and install the app, or search for Bambuser in the App Store on your device.
- How do I install Bambuser on bada?
Open Samsung Apps and download it, or search for Bambuser in Samsung Apps on your bada phone.
- How do I share individual broadcasts to Facebook, Twitter etc.?
Connect to your preferred service on the Dashboard and clear "Post broadcasts automatically" to only share individual broadcasts using "Share" on your phone.
- How do I tag a broadcast?
A broadcast can be tagged by adding them from the share menu, by using the Add tags-button on each video page or using hash tags in the broadcast title.
- How much can I broadcast?
We currently don't have any limits!
- How to follow other Bambuser users
To follow someone you need to be logged in to Bambuser. Browse to the channel page of the user you want to follow and click on the "Follow" button in the right column.
- I get very low framerate and / or the audio is breaking up, can I improve the flow?
Select "better flow" in settings on the mobile phone and / or lower the audio quality.
- What are the keys to a high quality webcam stream?
There are many ways to improve the quality of your webcam broadcast.
- What is unsent complement data?
Some data may temporarily be stored on your phone if your connection is slow while broadcasting live. Upload this data afterwards to smooth out the archived broadcast.
- What speed internet connection do I need to stream on Bambuser?
A broadband connection is generally recommended, however you can broadcast live video on Bambuser with as little as 100kbps of upload bandwidth.
- Can I change my email address?
In your dashboard under settings you can change, enable and disable some email settings for your account
- Close my account?
You can easily close your account under settings. Note that it's a permanent operation!
- Customize your player
You can easily change colors or disable chat-functionality from your player in your dashboard.
- How do I change my profile presentation
You can edit your profile settings in your dashboard.
- How to broadcast using Flash Media Live Encoder
Download your authentication profile file from your Dashboard page and open it in FMLE.
- Installation fails due to certificate date or security check issues. What to do?
Check that the phone's current time is set correctly.
- Mute user in chat
You can easily mute users in the chat room of your own broadcasts.
- What do I need to watch videos on bambuser.com
To use bambuser.com you need a PC or a Mac an up-to-date browser like Firefox, Safari, Chrome or Internet Explorer with the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed.
- Why can't I connect to Bambuser broadcasts?
You might be blocked by a firewall.
- Do you have API:s so I can integrate Bambuser into my own site / application?
Yes we do.
- Holy Cow! This is really cool stuff! I'm a skilled programmer who wants to be a part of shaping the future, can I join Bambuser?
We'd love to hear from talented and innovative people from all over the globe. Send us something about yourself at firstname.lastname@example.org