Help: How do I broadcast using Flash Media Live Encoder?
Get Premium, download your authentication profile file and open it in FMLE.
Flash Media Live Encoder is an efficient live broadcasting tool for Windows and Mac, with support for H.264 and On2 VP6 codecs.
- Get a Premium account
- Download and install FMLE from Adobe. You will need to sign up for a free Adobe account to access the download.
- Download your XML authentication profile. This file contains your personal connection and authentication information. Anyone who has this file can broadcast to your account - keep it safe!
- Open FMLE and load your profile (File -> Open profile)
- Tweak the audio and video sources and encoding settings if needed. We recommend keeping the total bitrate around 400 Kbps (FMLE calculates this for you automatically in the lower middle part of the window).
- Make sure to check the "auto adjust" option in the right box to keep the broadcast latency low.
- Click on the big green "Start" button to start the broadcast.
- Don't hesitate to send us feedback about your experience with FMLE!
If you're using Bambuser and FMLE from a company, university or public network, there might be a firewall (or enforced proxy) blocking access to certain ports on remote servers, Bambuser might not be fully functional for you. Below is described which port your phone or computer tries to connect to in different situations:
Viewing in a browser with Flash
Live mobile broadcasts and all archived broadcasts: TCP 80 (http)
Live webcam broadcasts: TCP 1935 (rtmp)
Viewing with an iOS device
Any broadcast: TCP 80 (http)
Viewing with other mobile devices
Any broadcast: TCP 554 and UDP (rtsp)
From your mobile phone: TCP 443
From your webcam: TCP 1935 (rtmp)